Chests allow players to obtain items that are stored in their Items tab. There are 3 (5) types of chests:
- Red Chest contains lower rarity items. Can have different star rating. High chance for Common, low chance for Uncommon.
- Blue Chest contains higher rarity items. Can have different star rating. High chance for Uncommon, low chance for Rare.
- Golden Chest contains Divine items, Nasty items or items bought from event stores. No rarity is applied.
- Nightmare Chest contains only nightmarish items. No rarity is applied. Currently not in the game.
- Divine Chest is currently not in the game.
The most popular and effective way to get red and blue chests is defeating Chest Keepers and Kings. Chests can be also crafted in the Forge, however their price increases each time a chest is made. They may also be obtained from a Devil Deal.
Both Red and Blue chest may contain three of the following items:
- Stone Tablet
- Death Chalice
- Power Potion
- Magic Ring
- Power Axe
- Necro Sword
- Zombie Horde's Eye
- Giant Zombie's Mace
- Red Knight's Lipstick
- Specter's Amethyst
- Bat's Fancy Pin
- Plague in a Bottle
- Lich's ABC's
- Squid's Teddy Bear
- King's Collar
Note: Monster items star rating matches chests' star rating.
- Divine Chest used to be dropped by The Angel in Nemesis Beta, but was replaced by Unique Chest. Developers said Divine Chest will have another use in the future.
- Nightmare Chest used to be dropped by Nightmare Chest Boss in Nightmare Mode, but has been removed for an indefinite period.
- Necro Sword and Power Axe can only be found in Amero Kingdom. This means that chest combinations containing either Necro Sword or Power Axe can only appear in Amero Kingdom.