"Dayuuum Mayor Squid is (meat)baaaa-llin'" - Bob The Necromancer
The Flying Squid is one of Bob's minions that appears in the game after the The Black Lich and before The Tomb King.
It appears to be inspired by the fictional creature Cthulhu which was created by H. P. Lovecraft. Both have tentacles and oceanic origins but its skill names may be related to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It also looks like a metroid from the Metroid game series. The Flying Squid itself floats in the air and shoots lasers at its enemies from its mouth. It has multiple eyes, fangs sticking out from bottom and its tentacles wiggle around. It mostly speaks in emojis.
To have access to the Flying Squid one needs to have The Black Lich at least at level one.
- The color pink
- KITTIES :3
- Rude people
- Ghost in the Shell's movie adaptation >:
- Brussels sprouts
There are several items in the game that influence the Flying Squid's abilities.
- Squid's Teddy Bear increases Flying Squid's damage.
- Squid Stone increases skull value when Pastafury is active.
List of sentences when you level up Flying Squid:
- SO KAWAI!!!
- NOTICE ME SENPAI!!!
- The Skill Pastafury maybe be reference to Pastafarianism.
- According to the The Black Lich the Flying Squid uses contacts which mean she has bad eyesight.
- The Flying Squid's DPS item can also be spotted as the Plaque in a Bottle's cork.
- Halloween 2016 Flying Squid's costume is a reference to Sailor Moon or Sailor Scout or a Japanese High School Girl. It is unknown if "Censor" sign is part of costume or something to hide from player.
- Halloween 2017 Flying Squid's costume is a reference to Dragon Ball Z as a Super Saiyan.
- According to the BerzerkEJ Squid is a girl
- Squid's upgrade quotes are popular anime phrases, however SO KAWAI!!! is spelt incorrectly, the correct spelling is Kawaii.