"Dayuuum Mayor Squid is (meat)baaaa-llin'" - Bob The Necromancer
The Flying Squid is one of Bob's minions that appears in the game after the The Black Lich and before The Tomb King.
It appears to be inspired by the fictional creature Cthulhu which was created by H. P. Lovecraft. Both have tentacles and oceanic origins but its skill names may be related to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It also looks like a metroid from the Metroid game series. The Flying Squid itself floats in the air and shoots lasers at its enemies from its mouth. It has multiple eyes, fangs sticking out from bottom and its tentacles wiggle around.
To have access to the Flying Squid one needs to have The Black Lich at least at level one.
There are several items in the game that influence the Flying Squid's abilities.
- Squid's Teddy Bear increases Flying Squid's damage.
- Squid Stone increases skull value when Pastafury is active.
List of sentences when you level up Flying Squid:
- SO KAWAI!!!
- NOTICE ME SENPAI!!!
- The Skill Pastafury maybe be reference to Pastafarianism.
- According to the The Black Lich the Flying Squid uses contacts which mean he has bad eyesight.
- The Flying Squid's DPS item can also be spotted as the Plaque in a Bottle's cork.
- Flying Squid's Halloween 2016 costume is reference to Sailor Moon or Sailor Scout or a Japanese High School Girl. It is unknown if "Censor" sigh is part of costume or something to hide from player.
- According to the BerzerkEJ Squid is a girl