"MFW Lich is like 'HAAIIII WHATCHA DOOOIN' and I'm like 'IM SLEEPING, LICH, GO AWAY'"- Bob The Necromancer
The Black Lich is one of Bob's minions that appears in the game after the Big Plaque and before the Flying Squid.
He seems to be based on a fictional creature called a Lich. He is wearing an old black cloak, has the ability to float in the air and shoot small green Energy Balls of Doom. The Black Lich also works in the Arcane Laboratory. Hell's brightest mind, the most potent evil wizard the underworld has ever seen, his power is near infinite; but everything comes at a price, tuition in hell is ab-so-lu-te-ly bonkers.
To have access to The Black Lich one needs to have The Big Plague at least at level one.
There is some items in the game that influences the Black Lich's abilities.
- Lich's ABC's increases Black Lich's damage.
- Nightmare Book increases Black Lich's damage depending on black orbs.
Note: Son of the Lich skill does not change other active skills' descriptions but it has, nevertheless, an effect on the active skills. You can activate this skill before or after your other skills - the order of activation does not matter.
List of sentences when you level up The Black Lich:
- The power of evil is in me
- Evil takes no vacation
- Am I the only one working here?
The Black Lich has a list of sentences he says in the Arcane Laboratory while he is idling:
- We've got chests for days.
- This 3D printer is full of evil possibilities!
- How many maces does one giant zombie need anyway?
- Everyday I'm craftin'.
- Do you think I should wash my cloak?
- Nobody ever tells me nuthin.
- Ack! The goggles! They do nothing!
- Whadda buyin? 
- Got a selection of good things on sale, stranger! 
- Hey! Listen! 
- Hey... think you can introduce me to the succubus?
- Just imagine what we could do with the black orbs...
- Those wizards ain't got nothin' on me.
- Those wizards didn't even begin to unlock the orbs' true power.
- I should buy a boat.
- They see me craftin' they hatin'.
- It's not easy being undead you know.
- We'll put all there orbs to better use.
- Do me a favor and tell the squid his contacts are ready.
- I should try to watch one of Lachhh's streams
- I mean, you'd think we'd be breaking the time-space continuum.
- I wonder if manipulating time will become a problem...
- We should try to meet ourselves from other time stream
This list of sentences is used by Lich while he is boosted (after using Devil Deal):
- Power overwhelming
- They should've sent a poet 
- We are as one... 
- We will be in touch
- We need focus...
- We burn...
- Darkness overpowering... 
- Remember... we will be watching.
- Thoughts in chaos... 
- Must have energy... 
- Oblivion awaits... 
- ...or oblivion will take us... 
- It all looks so different on this side.
- Those who play with devil's toys... 
- ...will be brought by degrees to wield his sword. 
- Must consume... 
The list of sentences is used at Feather Store:
- Are we burning them in other dimensions?
- More research is needed...
- They seem so familiar...
- Can you get more?
- They burn pretty colours!
- I need more samples
- They behave weird around tablets...
- A Lich is undead creature. Often such a creature is the result of a transformation, as a powerful magician or king striving for eternal life uses spells or rituals to bind his intellect to his phylactery and thereby achieve a form of immortality.
- The Lich has a crush on the Succubus (Devil Deal), but don't tell anyone.
- The Lich is the only minion who has monologue and a job besides destroying buildings/bosses for Bob.
- It can be concluded from the skills Lunch Money, Small-time Bullying and Intimidator that the Black Lich is a bully from school. The Lich has also an urban slang according to the quotes.
- The quote "Hey! Listen!" is a reference to the fairy Navi of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. She is known to be one of the most annoying characters in video game history.
- Halloween 2016 The Black Lich's costume is a reference to Disney's Peter Pan.
- Halloween 2017 The Black Lich's costume is a pair of Groucho glasses.
- Reference to quote from movie "Contact", and more recently, the Starcraft Archon.